- Preparation time
- 145 mins
- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- 20 people
- February 12, 2016
Lemon meringue kisses.
Perfect for afternoon tea, these lemon meringue biscuits are perfect with a nice hot cuppa.
Lemon meringue kisses
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon butter
- icing sugar mixture, to serve
- Preheat oven to 150°C/130°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites until stiff peaks form. Add caster sugar. Beat for 8 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.
- Place mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 5mm fluted or plain nozzle. Pipe 2cm wide swirls of mixture onto prepared trays, allowing 2cm between each for spreading. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until meringues are firm. Turn off oven. Allow to cool in oven with door slightly ajar.
- Sandwich 2 meringues together with 1/2 teaspoon lemon butter. Repeat with remaining meringues and lemon butter. Serve dusted with icing sugar.