Mackerel on the grill: recipe with vegetables and herbs.
If you’re going to get out in nature, in addition to traditional meat kebabs have some interesting recipes than delicious, you can surprise and please friends and family, hungry for fresh air.
We offer you to bake the mackerel on the grill. This fish is considered to be one of the best for cooking on the fire. Mackerel on the grill does not lose its fat content, but rather is cooked faster and dries. Its characteristic flavour, enhanced with herbs, lemon and vegetables, tender and juicy meat, ease of preparation will not leave anyone indifferent.
- 2 mackerel,
- 2 bell peppers,
- 2 zucchini,
- 1 lemon,
- 2 cloves garlic,
- 100 g olives,
- herbs (thyme, rosemary),
- ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Choosing mackerel to grill, take the fish frozen without damage, elastic and dense. Unfreeze the fish, cut it up and gut them by removing the head and entrails. Thoroughly rinse in running water.
- The mackerel inside and outside put some salt on it, fields with the juice of half a lemon and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- While fish is marinating, make vegetables. To stuff the mackerel, the vegetables cut in small cubes, and the rest are larger. Garlic cut into 2-4 pieces. The lemon cut into thin slices.
- Mix finely chopped vegetables, olives, herbs and spices, salt, pepper and put this mix inside the mackerel. Tie the fish with thread and sent to jail. Around put the remaining vegetables. Bake the fish over the coals, turning occasionally 2-3 times.
- Depending on the temperature of the coals and the size of the mackerel on the grill will be ready in about 20-30 minutes. To check the readiness of the fish can, piercing it at the thickest point: if clear juice – the dish is ready.
- Serve the mackerel with vegetables and herbs.