- Preparation time
- 45 mins
- Cooking time
- 8 mins
- 10 people
- February 19, 2016
Magic Potion Meat Sauce for Spaghetti.
Tomatoes provide a simple addition to this tasty spaghetti and meat sauce – a slow cooked dinner.
Magic Potion Meat Sauce for Spaghetti
- 1 lb extra-lean (at least 95%) ground beef
- 1/2 lb bulk Italian pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 oz uncooked spaghetti
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired
- In 12-inch skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked and sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix beef mixture and all remaining ingredients except spaghetti and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- About 20 minutes before serving, cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package. Serve sauce over cooked spaghetti. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.