Maple-flavored syrup pairs with ketchup to glaze traditional meatloaf with an unexpected seasonal swing.
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 3/4 cup coarse cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, if desired
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup maple-flavored syrup
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, dissolve beef bouillon in hot water. Add remaining meatloaf ingredients; mix well. Spoon mixture into ungreased 8x4-inch loaf pan or shape mixture into 8x4-inch loaf in ungreased 12x8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish.
- Bake 1 1/4 hours or until beef is thoroughly cooked in center and meat thermometer reaches 160°F. Remove pan from oven. In small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Brush top of meatloaf with glaze. Let stand, covered, 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining glaze.