Mediterranean Tuna Steaks.
Grilled tuna touches the Mediterranean with tomatoes, olives and basil.
Mediterranean Tuna Steaks
- 2 1/2 lb fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese (2 oz)
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata or ripe olives
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil or oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Olive oil
- 4 tuna steaks, 1 inch thick (about 1 3/4 lb)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In large skillet, place steamer basket in 1/2 inch water (water should not touch bottom of basket). Place asparagus in steamer basket. Cover tightly and heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Steam 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, gently toss tomatoes, cheese, olives and 1 tablespoon of the basil. Cover; refrigerate until serving time. In small bowl, mix remaining basil, the oil, garlic salt and pepper. Brush mixture over tuna.
- Carefully brush oil on grill rack. Place tuna on grill over medium-high heat. Cook uncovered 5 minutes. Turn carefully; brush with any remaining oil mixture. Cook 10 to 15 minutes longer until fish flakes easily with fork and is slightly pink in center.
- Serve tuna with tomato mixture and asparagus.