- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 50 mins
- 8 people
- May 2, 2016
Mexican Bubble Pizza.
In this easy casserole-style pizza, strips of biscuit dough bake right in with taco-seasoned ground beef.
Mexican Bubble Pizza
- 1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed tomato soup
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1 can (2 1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
- 3 green onions, sliced, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Add taco seasoning mix, water and soup; mix well. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces. Add pieces to beef mixture; stir gently. Spoon mixture into ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly.
- To serve, cut pizza into 8 squares. Top each serving with remaining ingredients.