Mexican-Style Ribs Recipe.
The flavor of these ribs starts out with a Southwestern spice rub and a drizzle of lime juice – then they head into the oven for a few hours to let that flavor sink in. The final coating of barbecue sauce comes just before you throw them on the grill, so they come off with a complex and intense flavor, plus that delicious barbecue char.
- 2 lbs. pork baby back ribs, membrane removed;
- 1/4 cup lime juice;
- 1 cup homemade BBQ sauce;
- 2 tbsp. paprika;
- 1 tbsp. chili powder;
- 1 tsp. cumin powder;
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano;
- 2 tsp. garlic powder;
- 1 tbsp. lime zest;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 300 F.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the rub and mix well.
- Coat the ribs with the lime juice and dry rub.
- Wrap the ribs tightly with foil and bake in the oven for 2 hours.
- Preheat your BBQ to a medium heat.
- Brush the ribs with barbecue sauce generously.
- Grill for 15 minutes. Halfway through, turn the ribs and baste with more barbecue sauce