- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 12 people
- February 17, 2016
Muesli and yoghurt muffins.
Delicious and healthy, these light muffins make a great lunch box treat.
Muesli and yoghurt muffins
- 1 cup Healthy Baker self-raising flour
- 3/4cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups natural muesli (see note)
- 80g reduced-fat canola spread, melted
- 1 cup reduced-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled, cored, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- Line a 12-hole, 1/3 cup-capacity, muffin pan with paper cases.
- Combine flours, sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 cup muesli in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk spread, yoghurt and eggs together in a jug. Pour into well. Using a large metal spoon, stir until just combined (don't over-mix). Stir in apple.
- Spoon mixture into paper cases. Combine honey and remaining muesli in a bowl. Spread muesli mixture over muffins. Press on lightly to secure. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of 1 muffin comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Serve.