- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- 1 people
- April 12, 2016
New Jersey-Style Pork Roll Breakfast Sandwiches.
Make these hangover helpers with the processed meat pride of New Jersey: pork roll (a.k.a. Taylor ham). If you don’t live in New Jersey, you can buy pork roll here.
New Jersey-Style Pork Roll Breakfast Sandwiches
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 slices pork roll (about 4 oz.), edges scored
- 1 egg
- 2 slices American cheese
- 1 English muffin, toasted
- Ketchup, to serve, if desired
- Heat butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium. Crack the egg into the skillet and add the pork roll slices. Cook both, flipping the pork roll once, until the pork roll is lightly browned and the whites on the egg have set, about 3 minutes. Top the egg with 1 slice of cheese and 2 of the pork roll slices with a slice of cheese and cook for 1 minute longer, or until the cheese has melted.
- Stack 2 slices of pork roll without cheese on the bottom piece of the English muffin, top with the egg and the slices of pork roll with cheese, and finish with the top of the English muffin. Serve with ketchup, if you like.