One-Pot Chicken and Rice.
This simplified version of Arroz con Pollo is quick enough for a weeknight and flavorful enough for any night.
One-Pot Chicken and Rice
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 3 cups water or Progresso™ reduced-sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- In small bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix and 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt. Rub mixture all over 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- In at least 3-quart nonstick saut? pan, heat 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to plate; set aside.
- Add 1 1/2 cups uncooked jasmine rice and 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped, to pan; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until browned.
- Add 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce; stir well. Add 3 cups water or Progresso™ reduced-sodium chicken broth; stir well to separate rice.
- Return chicken to pan. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.