Paleo Gluten-Free Cauliflower Stuffed Peppers.
These stuffed peppers are filled with flavor. Cauliflower, bacon and kale combine to create a Paleo-friendly version–you will never miss the rice.
Paleo Gluten-Free Cauliflower Stuffed Peppers
- 6 slices gluten-free bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium tamari soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups shredded kale
- 4 red or yellow bell peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds and stems removed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with foil.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove bacon from skillet, reserving bacon drippings in skillet. In small bowl, crumble 2 slices of bacon; set aside. In large bowl, crumble 4 slices bacon. Add mustard, tamari soy sauce, salt, cayenne, garlic and egg; mix well. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in food processor fitted with metal blade, place cauliflower. Cover; pulse until very finely chopped (about the size of couscous).
- Heat bacon drippings over medium heat; add onion, celery and kale. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until kale begins to soften. Add cauliflower; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until cauliflower is softened. Pour mixture into large bowl with bacon mixture; toss lightly to thoroughly mix.
- Place pepper halves on cookie sheet. Divide cauliflower mixture among peppers. Roast 25 to 30 minutes or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle with reserved bacon and thyme. Serve immediately.