Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie “Ice Cream” Sandwiches.
Gluten-free frosty treats are ready and waiting. A sweet stash in your freezer creates instant smiles and cool satisfaction.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie “Ice Cream” Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk (from 14-oz can)
- 1/2 teaspoon Watkins™ Original Double Strength Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup crushed gluten-free chocolate-covered crispy peanut-buttery candy, about 2 bars (2.1 oz each)
- 1 container Pillsbury™ Gluten Free refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1/4 cup Jif® Natural Creamy Peanut Butter Spread
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with Reynolds® Parchment Paper; place in freezer. Place large bowl in freezer.
- Cut 8 (12x5-inch) strips Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil. Fold each piece lengthwise in half; fold lengthwise in half again to make 12x1 1/4-inch strip. Slide 1 end of each strip into fold on opposite end to make 3-inch ring.
- Remove bowl from freezer; add whipping cream, condensed milk and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer on high speed about 6 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add 1/2 cup of the crushed candy; gently stir until combined.
- Remove parchment-lined cookie sheet from freezer. Arrange foil rings 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Spoon about 1/2 cup candy cream mixture into each ring; spread evenly. Cover with plastic wrap; freeze about 1 hour or until firm.
- Meanwhile, place remaining crushed candy in shallow bowl; set aside.
- In medium bowl, break up cookie dough. Add peanut butter; mix with wooden spoon or knead with hands until well blended. Shape dough into 16 (1 1/2-inch) balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet; flatten to 2 1/4 inch round with bottom of drinking glass. Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheet from freezer. Remove foil ring from each frozen candy cream round. For each sandwich, place 1 candy cream round onto bottom of 1 cookie. Top with second cookie, bottom side down; press together slightly. Gently roll edge of each sandwich in remaining crushed candy. Wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap. Freeze about 1 hour or until firm. Store in freezer.