- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 120 mins
- 12 people
- February 5, 2016
Pineapple Zucchini Bread.
For breakfast, potluck or a gift from the kitchen, you can’t go wrong with this glazed loaf.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (1 small)
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained, reserving 1 tablespoon liquid
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Reserved 1 tablespoon pineapple liquid
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour bottom only of 9x5-inch loaf pan. In large bowl with electric mixer, beat brown sugar and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy. With spoon, stir in zucchini, pineapple and eggs. Stir in flour, baking soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, the salt and allspice until well blended. Fold in walnuts. Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix all glaze ingredients until smooth; spoon over warm loaf. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Store in refrigerator.