- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 380 mins
- 2 people
- May 18, 2016
Pork Chops and Sweet Potatoes for Two.
Pork slow cooks to superb tenderness with apricots and apples.
Pork Chops and Sweet Potatoes for Two
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 medium (12-oz.) dark-orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 onion slices
- 2 (1-inch-thick) boneless pork loin chops (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 6 dried apricots
- 1 small apple, peeled, sliced
- 3 tablespoons maple-flavored syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- In 3 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine 1 tablespoon of the margarine, sweet potato and onion; mix to coat potato well. Cut slit horizontally in each pork chop, cutting to within 1/2 inch of opposite edge to form pocket.
- Insert 3 apricots and several apple slices into each chop. (If necessary, cut apples slices in half.) Sprinkle chops with salt. Add any remaining apple slices to sweet potato mixture.
- Heat remaining tablespoon margarine in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add chops; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until browned, turning once. Place chops over potato mixture in slow cooker. In same skillet, combine syrup and gingerroot; mix with pan drippings. Drizzle mixture over chops and potatoes.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 5 to 6 hours.