Pork and Sweet Potato Harvest Supper.
Savor a thirty-minute skillet meal with favorite apples, pork, sweet potatoes and yes, maple syrup!
Pork and Sweet Potato Harvest Supper
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 lb. boneless pork, cut into thin bite-sized strips
- 3 cups cut (1-inch pieces) cabbage
- 2 medium or 1 large dark-orange sweet potato, peeled, halved and sliced (3 cups)
- 2 medium apples, peeled, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean or Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1/2 cup maple-flavored syrup
- Melt margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned and no longer pink in center.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add cabbage, sweet potatoes, apples and jerk seasoning; stir gently to mix. Cover; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add syrup; stir gently to mix.