Prosciutto-Wrapped Beef Cubes Recipe.
Looking for something new and original to do with stewing beef? Despite the name, you don’t only have to use it in stews; why not try frying it up in a salty, crunchy wrapper and then drizzling it with a rich coconut sauce? It’s a great recipe for kids, since the small pieces of meat are perfectly sized for little fingers (like a miniature version of veal paupiettes!), but even adults will enjoy the unique presentation and the delicious combination of crispy, chewy, and savory flavors in every bite.
- 1 lb. tender cut beef, cut into small cubes;
- 1/4 lb. prosciutto;
- 1 French shallot, minced (you can also use a regular onion);
- 1/2 cup chicken stock;
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain mustard;
- 2 tbsp. full-fat Coconut milk;
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley leaves, chopped;
- 1 tbsp. Paleo cooking fat;
- Freshly ground black pepper;
- Season each beef cube with black pepper to taste.
- Wrap each beef cube with enough prosciutto to cover completely, try not to overlap more than once.
- Add the cooking fat in a skillet placed over medium high heat.
- When the cooking fat is warm enough place all the prosciutto-wrapped beef cubes in the skillet and cook until crisp on all sides, about ten minutes for medium rare.
- Remove the beef cubes from the pan and rest.
- In the same pan, now over a medium heat, add the shallots and cook until soft, about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken stock and whisk in the mustard and coconut milk. Cook for another minute.
- Pour the sauce over the cubes and garnish with the fresh parsley.