Recipe for the classic beet salad.
Salad recipe with beets, prunes and nuts for the new year holiday
Recipe for the classic beet salad
- 3 medium beets,
- 2 cloves garlic,
- 200 g prunes,
- 100 g walnuts,
- 50 g raisins,
- 3-4 tablespoons of mayonnaise,
- salt to taste.
- For new year's salad in advance, prepare the beets. You can boil or bake in the oven. Keep in mind that roasted beets are much healthier and sweeter than boiled. Carefully wash the beetroot, wrap it in foil and bake in a preheated 200°C oven for 1-1. 5 hours, depending on size. The readiness of the beet, you can check with a knife: it should be easy to pierce.
- Soak the raisins in warm water for 20 minutes. Then dump the water.
- Soak the prunes in warm water for 30 minutes. Wash and coarsely cut.
- Walnut kernels lightly Obsesi in the pan – so they will be more fragrant and tasty. Clear the nuts from the husk and crack the large pieces.
- Ready beets cool, peel skin and RUB on a coarse grater.
- Garlic RUB on a small grater, or skip through the frog.
- Put the beets, garlic, nuts and dried fruits, salt, tuck in mayonnaise and mix. Let the salad stand in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Put the salad on a dish, decorate with nuts and serve on the table.