Roasted Mushrooms With Thyme Recipe.
Whole roasted mushrooms roasted with fresh sprigs of thyme make a rustic side dish that goes well with almost anything savory. And they’re a great illustration of how powerful fat can be for adding flavor to your cooking. Starting with some clarified butter in the pan gives you a that slightly nutty flavor as a base, and drizzling the mushrooms with olive oil brings out the flavor of the herbs even more as well as adding a flavor of its own. Try doing that with “calorie-free” cooking spray!
- 16 oz. cremini mushrooms;
- 4 garlic cloves, minced;
- 6 to 8 fresh thyme sprigs;
- Clarified butter or other cooking fat;
- 2 tbsp. olive oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Add cooking fat, garlic and thyme sprigs to the bottom of an oven proof skillet.
- Place the mushrooms, cap side down, on top of the thyme and garlic.
- Season the mushrooms to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from oven and baste the mushrooms with the sauce that remains in the bottom of the skillet.