Roasted Sweet Potato and Onion Tart.
Pie crust provides a simple addition to this sweet potato and onion tart – perfect breakfast to enjoy the flavors of fall.
Roasted Sweet Potato and Onion Tart
- 3 cups cubed (3/4 inch) peeled sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 lb)
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper blend
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 8 oz Gruy?re cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, toss sweet potatoes, onion, oil and seasoned pepper blend. Arrange mixture in single layer in pan. Roast 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes, just until potatoes are tender. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unroll pie crusts; stack on lightly greased surface. Roll into 12-inch round. Press round in bottom and up side of 10-inch deep-dish tart pan with removable bottom. Trim off excess crust along edges. Line crust with foil; fill with pie weights or dried beans. Line cookie sheet with foil. Place pan on cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes. Remove weights and foil; bake 5 minutes. Cool completely on cookie sheet on cooling rack, about 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Stir bacon and parsley into sweet potato mixture. Spoon half of the mixture into partially baked crust; sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Repeat layers once. In medium bowl, beat half-and-half, eggs, chopped rosemary and salt with whisk. Pour over cheese.
- Bake on lowest oven rack 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Cool 15 minutes. Run knife around edge of pan; carefully remove side of pan.