Rocket salad with orange & fennel.
Simple, fast and healthy, this salad will keep you healthy.
This fresh, fruity salad combines peppery rocket leaves, tangy citrus and a punchy mustard dressing for a full-flavoured side dish.
Rocket salad with orange & fennel
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 160g baby rocket
- 3 oranges, peeled, thinly sliced
- Place lemon juice in a bowl of iced water. Trim fennel, reserving one-third of a cup of the fronds. Slice fennel into thin strips with a vegetable peeler. Add to bowl.
- Combine oil and vinegar in a small bowl. Place rocket and orange in a large serving bowl. Drain fennel mixture.
- Add fennel to salad. Drizzle dressing over. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to combine. Top with reserved fennel fronds to serve.