Rosemary Almond Crusted Chicken.
Quick and healthy rosemary almond crusted chicken breasts. Baked in the oven, and full of nutty flavor!
Rosemary Almond Crusted Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary, stems removed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees with the oven rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Season the chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Set aside.
- In a food processor, chop the almonds and rosemary until they resemble course crumbs. Set aside.
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium heat. Melt the butter, then cook the shallot until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the rosemary almond mixture, panko bread crumbs, and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown. About 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate.
- Set up your dredging station. Have 1 plate with the all purpose flour, another plate with the beaten eggs, and the 3rd plate with the toasted rosemary almond mixture. Dredge the chicken in the flour, then in the egg, then in the rosemary almond mixture. Press well to adhere the rosemary almond mixture to the chicken. Transfer the chicken to the parchment lined baking sheet, and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Bake the chicken in the oven until the internal temperature is 165 degrees, about 25 minutes. Serve warm.