Sirloin Tip Roast Recipe.
Carved from the muscle along the back of the cow, the sirloin tip is a luxurious roast, like the four-star version of chuck shoulder or brisket. It’s still a lean cut, but it doesn’t need the same extra-long braising to bring out the flavor and tenderness: if you love roast beef and want to splurge a little on something special, this is definitely the cut for you.
- 2.5 lb. sirloin tip roast (also called round tip roast);
- 3 cloves garlic, minced;
- 2 tsp. dried oregano;
- 2 tsp. dried basil;
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes; (optional)
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Preheat your oven to 250 F.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub the roast with the garlic and dried herb mixture.
- Warm up some cooking fat in a large skillet placed over medium-high heat.
- Sear each side of the roast until browned.
- Place the roast on a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cook the roast on the middle rack of the oven for 1h 30 min, or until the center reaches 135 F.