Slow-Cooked Italian Sausage Pasta Sauce with Spaghetti.
Set the slow cooker to simmer all day, and you can come home to a spicy-sweet tomato sauce to ladle over noodles.
Slow-Cooked Italian Sausage Pasta Sauce with Spaghetti
- 6 Italian sausage links (about 1 1/2 lb), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped onions (2 medium)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen™ organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (8 oz) Muir Glen™ organic tomato sauce
- 2 cans (6 oz) Muir Glen™ organic tomato paste
- 24 oz uncooked spaghetti
- In 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix all ingredients except spaghetti.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, cook spaghetti as directed on package. Drain. If desired, skim and discard fat from sauce. Serve sauce over spaghetti.