- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 285 mins
- 8 people
- February 7, 2016
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup.
Progresso® broth, Muir Glen® tomatoes, Green Giant® corn, Old El Paso® enchilada sauce and chiles come together in this chicken soup – a perfect slow cooked dinner.
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 oz) Green Giant™ SteamCrisp® Mexicorn® whole kernel corn, red and green peppers, drained
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 4 minutes, turning once, until browned on both sides. Place chicken in slow cooker. Add water, broth, tomatoes, corn, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, cumin and chili powder.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken from slow cooker to plate; shred using 2 forks. Return chicken to slow cooker. Stir in cilantro. Cover; cook 30 minutes longer. Top each serving with 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips and 1 tablespoon sour cream.