Smoked Turkey and Lentil Vegetable Soup.
Smoked turkey adds a depth of flavor to this hearty lentil and vegetable soup.
Smoked Turkey and Lentil Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 medium stalks celery, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ reduced-sodium chicken broth (4 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup dried lentils, sorted, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 oz smoked turkey, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 box (9 oz) Green Giant™ frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion in oil 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add carrots and celery; cook 2 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Stir in all remaining ingredients except turkey and spinach.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lentils are tender. Stir in turkey and spinach; simmer 2 to 3 minutes longer or until turkey is hot.