- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 65 mins
- 4 people
- January 31, 2016
Smothered Chicken Casserole.
Enjoy this creamy chicken casserole baked with chicken thighs, broccoli and angel hair pasta. The bacon sprinkled on top adds to the “yum” factor!
Smothered Chicken Casserole
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 oz uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups Green Giant™ Steamers™ frozen broccoli florets, cut into smaller pieces
- 3 slices precooked bacon, crumbled
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs; sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Cook chicken 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut (at least 165°F).
- Cook pasta as directed on package; drain. In large bowl, mix soup, half-and-half and paprika; reserve 3/4 cup sauce. Stir in cooked pasta and frozen broccoli.
- Place pasta mixture in casserole; top with chicken thighs. Spoon reserved sauce over chicken thighs. Top with bacon. Cover and bake 20 minutes; uncover and bake 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce bubbles.