Soup with apples.
I want to say that two identical borscht even one of the cooks will not work. Therefore, in Ukraine each hostess your recipe, and even more. The history of this dish began in the X century, it then began to cultivate and consume the beets in Kievan Rus. It was then that the soup was a national dish of the Ukrainians. Among the recipes of borsch in my collection there is one special — with apples and meatballs. About it I’ll tell you.
- Cabbage — 200 g
- Potatoes — 300 g
- The Apple — 1 pc.
- Beets — 150 g
- Carrot — 1 pc.
- Onion — 1 pc.
- Parsley root — 1 pc.
- The flesh of beef for minced meat — 300 g
- Egg — 1 pc.
- Butter — 30 g
- Stale white bread — 50 g
- Milk — 50 g
- Pepper ground black and white 0,5 g
- Tomato paste — 40 g
- Dill and parsley — bunch
- Sunflower oil — 50 g
- Prepare the stuffing: 300 g beef, salt, pepper, 1 egg, 1/2 tbsp butter, a clove of garlic, well soaked in milk and squeezed stale white bread without the crust of mince. Then add the chopped herbs and put in the refrigerator to swell proteins and increased the viscosity of meat.
- Now start cooking the soup. Bring to a boil 3 liters of water and put in a pot of 200 g cabbage, coarsely chopped parsley root and 50 g of beet, cut into semicircles. When the water again starts boiling, add 4-5 chopped potatoes into cubes.
- While the vegetables cook, prepare the dressing to taste. One onion cut into cubes, carrots — half rings, 150 g of beets three grated or cut into small strips. In a pan fry onions until translucent state, add the garlic, carrots and beets and simmer all. After 5 minutes add 1-2 tbsp of tomato paste and a few tablespoons of vegetable broth soup. Simmer another 7 minutes, add salt, spices, mix thoroughly and put all in the soup.
- Prepare the meatballs. So the mince doesn't stick to your hands, hands wetted in water with
- Cook meatballs about 15 minutes, so the meat has been optimally boiled.
- And for a magical aroma and mild acidity add to the soup one sliced Apple. Perfect — sour varieties. Apple cut into 4-8 pieces, remove the core, cut into slices and place into the saucepan. Then bring the soup to a boil and switch off. Allow to infuse for 15-20 minutes.