Spicy Shrimp Recipe.
Forget about the watery cocktail sauce you get in the middle of store-bought shrimp rings: this spicy marinade adds a much bigger flavor. It’s got coconut aminos and healthy cooking fats for a savory base, Sriracha and chili powder for heat, and an optional spoonful of honey if you like your spice with a little sugar.
- 1 lb. tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. raw honey (optional)
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice from half a lemon
- 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients except for the shrimp in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, season to taste, and let cool.
- When the sauce is cool, combine with the shrimp in a bowl and toss until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 12 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Place the shrimp on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.