With a few snips, refrigerated biscuit dough becomes whimsical sunflowers. Fill them with ham, cheese, lettuce and tomato slices.
- 1 (1 lb. 1.3-oz.) can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Refrigerated Flaky Biscuits
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 teaspoons shelled sunflower seeds
- 8 small lettuce leaves
- 8 (3/4-oz.) slices American cheese
- 4 oz. thinly sliced cooked ham
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350°F. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. With fingers, split each biscuit in half horizontally; place 8 biscuit halves 2 inches apart on each of 2 ungreased cookie sheets. Press out each biscuit half to form 3 1/2-inch round. Bake 1 cookie sheet of dough at 350°F. for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove biscuit halves from cookie sheet; place on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, with scissors, make short cuts around edges of each biscuit half on second cookie sheet to resemble petals. Brush center of each flower shape with beaten egg. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon sunflower seeds onto beaten egg on each biscuit half.
- Bake second cookie sheet of dough at 350°F. for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove biscuit halves from cookie sheet; place on wire rack.
- To serve, arrange lettuce, cheese, ham and tomato on each plain biscuit half. Top each with flower-shaped biscuit half.