Sweet Potato Bites with Guacamole and Bacon Recipe.
Why choose between guacamole and salsa when you could have both? Roasted sweet potatoes with a light coating of spices work as the base for a pile of guacamole and salsa with just a little bacon on top – no tortilla chips necessary. They taste great, they’re full of nutritional standouts like avocado and sweet potatoes, and they add a cheerful burst of color to any table.
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean but NOT peeled, thinly sliced;
- 4 oz. bacon, cooked and crumbled;
- 1 cup fresh salsa;
- 1 tsp. chili powder;
- 1/2 tsp. paprika;
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder;
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil;
- Fresh cilantro, minced;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- 2 medium avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced;
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice;
- 1 garlic clove, minced;
- 1/2 cup Roma tomatoes, diced;
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced;
- Preheat your oven to 450 F.
- In a bowl, mash the two avocados until smooth. Add all the remaining ingredients for the guacamole. Stir until well combined, cover, and refrigerate.
- Place sliced sweet potatoes in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste, and toss until well coated.
- Place the sliced sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes on each side.
- Top each sweet potato slice with guacamole, fresh salsa, bacon bits, and fresh cilantro.