- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 50 mins
- 24 people
- May 2, 2016
Tapenade Flatbread Appetizers.
Refrigerated pizza crust makes quick work of home-baked appetizers topped with delicious Mediterranean ingredients.
Tapenade Flatbread Appetizers
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Pure Olive Oil
- 1 can (11 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup crumbled ch?vre (goat) cheese (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped drained roasted red bell peppers (from 7-oz jar)
- 1/2 cup sliced drained pepperoncini peppers (from 16-oz jar)
- Heat oven to 400°F. In food processor, place olives, garlic, capers, parsley and oregano. Cover; process with on-and-off pulses until coarsely chopped. With food processor running, pour oil through feed tube; process until well blended.
- Spray large cookie sheet with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Unroll pizza crust dough on cookie sheet; press into 15x10-inch rectangle. Bake 7 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Spread olive tapenade over partially baked crust. Top evenly with cheeses, red peppers and pepperocini peppers. Bake 8 to 11 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cut into 24 squares. Serve warm or cool.