- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 75 mins
- 6 people
- May 11, 2016
Tex-Mex Breakfast Bake.
Biscuit bites flavored with spicy enchilada sauce form the base for this bold breakfast bake.
Tex-Mex Breakfast Bake
- 1/4 lb. bulk lean breakfast sausage
- 1 (10-oz.) can Old El Paso™ Red Enchilada Sauce
- 2 1/2 oz. (1/2 cup) crumbled queso fresco (Mexican cheese) or farmer cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
- 1 (16.3-oz.) can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers Refrigerated Original or Buttermilk Biscuits
- 5 oz. (1 1/4 cups) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8x8- or 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce, the queso fresco, sour cream and onions; set aside. Pour remaining enchilada sauce into medium bowl. Separate dough into 8 biscuits; cut each into 8 pieces. Gently stir dough pieces into enchilada sauce to coat. Spoon mixture into sprayed dish; spread evenly.
- Drain sausage on paper towels. Sprinkle sausage evenly on top of biscuit pieces. Spread sour cream mixture evenly over top.
- Bake at 350°F. for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set and edges are deep golden brown. Remove from oven. Sprinkle Colby-Monterey Jack cheese over top.
- Return to oven; bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Sprinkle with cilantro. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Cut into squares.