Warm beetroot salad.
Enjoy this colourful salad with beetroots and feta as a healthy accompaniment to your main meal.
Warm beetroot salad
- 2 bunches baby beetroot (8 beetroot)
- 1/2 bunch silverbeet, trimmed, leaves torn
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 70g Lemnos Full Cream Fetta, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Trim beetroot stems and leaves. Reserve small beetroot leaves. Wearing gloves, wash beetroot. Pat dry. Place in a baking dish. Cover tightly with foil. Roast for 45 minutes or until skin peels away from beetroot when rubbed. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Wearing gloves, peel and halve each beetroot. Place in a large heatproof bowl. Cover to keep warm. Wash silverbeet and reserved beetroot leaves.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and walnuts. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until walnuts are toasted. Add leaves to pan. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until leaves are just wilted. Add leaves and vinegar to beetroot. Season with pepper. Toss to combine. Top with feta. Serve.