- April 10, 2016
Meet Volcano Pizza.
The classic Game Day struggle: pizza or wings? The obvious answer is, why not both? Which is something along the lines of what POPSUGAR Food was thinking when they whipped up this unbelievable Volcano Pizza. This pizza is a combination of the best parts of buffalo chicken wings and pizza, making the most epic Game Day meal/appetizer you’ve ever seen. Honestly, we guaranteed you’ve never seen or tasted ANYTHING like this before. Watch the video below to see how this pizza of mad scientist-proportions can be made. Cue the ominous lightning.
This pizza is mind blowing. You’ve got slices of spicy, cheesy pizza and a heaping helping of to-die-for buffalo chicken dip in the center. Are the pizza slices chips for the dip? Is the dip a topping for the pizza? Does it matter? NO. You’ve got pizza AND buffalo chicken dip in one glorious union and you will not question it!
Make this for your next Game Day bash and your friends will go absolutely nuts for it.Print
Meet Volcano Pizza
- Pizza dough
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup of hot sauce
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup blue cheese (for sauce)
- 1/4 cup of basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup four-cheese blend
- 1/2 cup diced chicken
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup blue cheese (for topping)
- 2 tbsp. ranch dressing
For buffalo chicken dip:
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Let the dough sit at room temperature before handling. Once ready, work it outward so it has that thin, round pizza shape.
- Take a small, bake-friendly ramekin and place it in the center of your pizza dish. Place the dough over the dish and ramekin, tucking it into the ramekin. Stab some holes with a fork where the dough is tucked in.
- Brush the whole dough with olive oil.
- In a pot, combine hot sauce, tomato paste, and blue cheese over heat. Add basil once combined.
- Spread sauce around flat part of the pizza dough, avoiding the bowl. Add cheeses, onion, chicken, and blue cheese on top.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes on 425 degrees F.
- Combine the ingredients for the dip in a medium pot over heat until creamy.
- Remove pizza from oven and pour dip in the center ramekin. Garnish pizza with carrot, celery, basil, and ranch dressing.