Espresso rum fizz with a pink aromatic bitters sugar rim
- 1 ounce espresso
- 1 ounce white rum
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 3 ounces club soda
- splash of half and half
- aromatic bitters granulated sugar for glass rim
- Add several dashes of aromatic bitters to 1/4 cup granulated sugar and stir until mixed well. If you add too a dash or two too many, you can always add a bit more sugar to dilute the mixture.
- Add 1 ounce espresso (or very strong coffee), 1 ounce white rum, 1 ounce simple syrup and 3 ounces club soda to a cocktail shaker with ice and stir until chilled.
- Dampen rim of a glass and dip into pink sugar.
- Pour cocktail mixture into prepared glass and top with a splash of half and half. Serve immediately.