Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless;
- 4 cups kale, chopped and stemmed;
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded;
- 2 cups shredded carrots;
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced;
- 1 cup Napa cabbage, thinly sliced;
Ingredients for the dressing/marinade
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos;
- 2 tbsp. ginger, minced;
- 4 tbsp. olive oil;
- 1 tbsp. raw honey (optional)
- 1 tsp. Sriracha; (optional; leave out for AIP)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar;
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing/marinade except for the vinegar.
- Place the chicken in a second bowl or other container. Add 3 tbsp. of the marinade, and let marinate 30 to 60 minutes.
- In the first bowl, whisk the white wine vinegar into the remaining marinade to create the dressing.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken on the preheated grill discarding any remaining marinade (but don’t throw out the dressing, just the marinade that was in with the chicken).
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until no longer pink in the center. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice the chicken breasts.
- In a bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients, drizzle with the vinaigrette, and toss gently.
- Serve the salad topped with the chicken slices.