Pork Loin Braised in Coconut Milk Recipe
- 3 1/2 – 4 lbs. pork roast;
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced;
- 1 tbsp. fresh sage, minced;
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced;
- 3 cups full-fat coconut milk;
- 2 tbsp. cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, rosemary, sage, and season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Rub the pork with the mixture and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Add the cooking fat to a Dutch oven or skillet equipped with a lid and place it over a medium-high heat.
- Add the pork to the skillet and brown on all sides until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of coconut milk and stir, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan for the browned bits (these are full of flavor, so you want them in the sauce).
- When the coconut milk starts to boil, reduce the heat to low, add another cup of coconut milk, and cover.
- Cook the pork for 2 hours on low, basting and turning the meat every 15 minutes. If you notice that the coconut milk is evaporating too much, add more as needed.
- Remove the pork from the pan and let it rest on the serving dish while you prepare the sauce.
- Return the pan to the stove. Increase the heat to medium, add ? cup of water, stir quickly, and cook until reduced.
- Serve the pork with the sauce on top.