Savoury Roasted Tomato & Balsamic Puff Pastry Bites
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 tsp water
- Fresh tomatoes, sliced*
- Salt and pepper
- Balsamic reduction
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Roll out puff pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Use a 3-inch cookie cutter to cut 9 circles out of each sheet of dough. You should have 18 circles.
- Baste the tops of each circle with egg mixture.
- Lay a few tomato slices on 9 of the dough circles. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Place the remaining nine circles of dough on top of the others, covering the tomatoes. Use a fork to pinch the edges together. (Egg washed sides should be pressed together)
- Lay a slice of tomato on top of each circle, and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until puff pastry is puffy and browned. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction and garnish with fresh basil.