Tex-Mex Turkey Skillet Recipe
- 2 cups leftover turkey, shredded;
- 1 bell pepper, chopped;
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved;
- 1 onion, diced;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 4 green onions, sliced;
- 1 avocado, diced;
- 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce;
- 1/2 cup chicken stock;
- 2 tbsp. chili powder;
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika;
- 1 tsp. cumin;
- Pickled jalape?os, to taste, for garnishing;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Stir in the bell pepper, tomatoes, and half the green onions.
- Sprinkle with chili powder, paprika, cumin, sea salt, and black pepper. Give everything a good stir and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the turkey, enchilada sauce, and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, and lower heat to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with remaining green onions, avocado, and pickled jalape?os on top.