People all over the globe eat cooked foodstuff, but people in dissimilar countries cook their food in a different way. Most people in this country like to consume meat, fish and vegetables cooked, but there are a number of people who similar to to eat raw fish. With the belief of some vegetables and fruits, the majority of the food eaten is cooked to a better or lesser degree. The reasons for cooking food are:-
- To make softer the food so that it can be extra easily digested.
- To get better the flavor of food. The savor of the meat and fish is greatly improved by cooking.
- To get better the appearance of food, as uncooked meat or go fishing is objectionable to some people.
- To kill microorganisms so that the food is safe to eat.
- To differ the flavor of the food. dissimilar methods of cooking and the addition of different ingredients and flavoring give a wide variety of flavors to food.
There are numerous methods of cooking food as below:-
this is long, slow cooking in a modest liquid. This is a high-quality method of cooking, as cheaper and tougher pieces of animal protein can be cooked with other ingredients to construct them and better flavored. Stewing be supposed to be done in a pan with a lid, as foods turn out to be tender more with no trouble in a closed pan where the steam cannot break away from too easily. It is also an easy method of cooking as very slight attention is required when the food is slowly stewing.
Food is cooked in condensation from boiling water. no more than tender bits of food should be steamed. It is a slow technique of cooking but it makes food easy to digest. Dexterously flavored foods are best steamed as no give flavor to is lost during cooking, so the food retains all its own zest. Steaming can be done by the subsequent methods:-
this is a exceptionally quick method of cooking and is the nearly everyone popular method of cooking in this country. There are three methods of frying:-
- Dry boiling where no oil is used at all as in burning up peanuts or coconuts. The food is put into a clean, dry burning up pan and is encouraged over a slow fire until the food is consistently browned and cooked.
- One-dimensional fat frying where diminutive oil is used to avert the food from sticking to the sweltering pan, as in frying eggs, pancakes or vegetables. When vegetables are fried, they are tossed in a little fat which is wrapped up by the vegetables. This system of cooking vegetables is also called sautéing.
- Deep fat sweltering where food is cooked in at smallest amount 2″ of hot oil. There be obliged to be enough oil to from top to bottom cover the food when the food is first put in. This process of frying is used for curry puffs, fry chicken and countless other dishes.
this is cooking food in a straight line over hot charcoal or under the electric or gas grill, as in cooking sear chicken or making toast. This is a very quick method of cooking and only extremely loving pieces of good should be cooked by this method.
this is to cook foodstuff in the heat of an oven as in sweltering cakes, pastries, biscuits and bread. The hot stove heats up the air in the interior it and food is cooked by the hot air. Care must be full to cook the food systematically without burning it.
this in point of fact means cooking over the open fire, but with the prologue of the oven, it has now be converted into very much like baking, except that fat is added to prevent the provisions from drying and burning and also to get better the flavor.