- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 10 people
- February 6, 2016
Homemade stuffing is one of the classic dishes that make the Thanksgiving meal wished for and dreamed about.Print
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 9 cups soft bread cubes (15 slices)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in 4-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook celery and onion in butter 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove Dutch oven from the heat.
- Gently toss celery mixture and remaining ingredients, using spoon, until bread cubes are evenly coated.
- Use to stuff one 10- to 12-pound turkey. Or to bake stuffing separately, grease 3-quart casserole or rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches. Place stuffing in casserole or baking dish. Cover with lid or aluminum foil and bake at 325°F for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.