- March 15, 2016
Pepper Steak Recipe.
This recipe is a real celebration of all things pepper: the steak is first marinated in a peppery vinaigrette, and then stir-fried with sweet pepper slices and Asian-inspired spices to create a zippy, tingly stir-fry with pleasantly crunchy vegetables complementing the thin strips of meat.Print
Pepper Steak Recipe
- 1 lb. sirloin steak, cut into thin strips;
- 2 tbsp. olive oil;
- 12 mini sweet peppers, thinly sliced;
- 3 scallions sliced diagonally, with the green and white parts separated;
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced;
- 4 cloves garlic, minced;
Ingredients for the marinade
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos;
- 1/3 cup water;
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar;
- 1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper;
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Add the sliced steak to the marinade, toss to coat, and refrigerate for at least 15 min.
- Add some cooking fat to a skillet placed over a medium-high heat.
- Add the bell peppers, the whites of the scallions, the ginger, and the garlic, and saut? for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and add to the same skillet. Saut? until brown (about 2-3 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Return the vegetables to the skillet, add the green parts of the scallions, cook for another minute, and serve.