- March 14, 2016
Stuffed Flank Steak Recipe.
Stuffing isn’t just for the birds! With this impressive-looking stuffed steak, you can get delicious steak juices all through your spinach and add some color to the meat on your plate, all while you add quite a substantial amount of vegetables to the meal!Print
Stuffed Flank Steak Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb. flank steak;
- 6 oz. spinach, chopped;
- 1 bell pepper, seeds removed and chopped;
- 1 tomato, diced;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Lay the steak on a flat surface. Using a sharp knife held parallel to the cutting board, slice horizontally through the steak, stopping just short of the far side so you can open it up like a book.
- Flatten the steak to an even thickness using a rolling pin or meat hammer.
- Heat some cooking fat in a skillet placed over a medium heat, add the garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add all the spinach, season to taste, and cook for 2 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
- Season the steak to taste.
- In bowl combine the tomato, bell pepper, and spinach mixture.
- Press the filling all over the top of the steak.
- Roll up the steak to enclose the filling. If any falls out the ends, tuck it back in.
- Tie the steak into its rolled shape with some cotton twine.
- Roast the steak for 30 to 35 minutes; then finish it up by broiling for 5 minutes.
- Let the meat rest for a few minutes.
- Remove the twine, slice, and serve.