- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 35 mins
- 2 people
- September 6, 2016
In the last few weeks we have been busy with the launch of our new website and since it was a stormy weekend we decided to make a satisfying but simple New York Steak recipe. We first made this recipe a few years back, to pair with Castiglion del Bosco Brunello di Montalcino from the Italian fashion house of Ferragamo. Sorting our photos we found these of the steak and also took a few from the video to share with you so you don’t have to watch the whole video for the recipe.
When you are choosing a steak from your butcher or from the meat section at your grocery store, look for tiny white flecks and lines throughout because this glorious marbling will give you the best flavor. The secret to good steak is to start with hot pan. You can prepare the mashed potatoes in advance and just reheat it by stirring with a little added milk before serving. This step will give you plenty of time put on a smashing dress and freshen up your make-up (we all need this after slaving over the hot stove..)Print
New York Steak with Cherry Wine Sauce
- 2 New York Beef Loin Steak
- Salt and freshly crushed Pepper Corns
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2–3 Sprigs of Rosemary
- 1 cup Red Wine like Sangiovese or Chianti
- 1/2 cup Dried Cherries
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Season the steaks with salt and crushed pepper and massage in the olive oil. Let the meat rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a heavy iron pan over medium-high heat and add the marinated steaks to the pan. Do not touch it for 3-4 minutes. If you steak is over ? inch thick then leave to sear for 5 minutes.
- With a thong turn the steaks and season with more salt and pepper. Let it cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the steaks to a plate and cover with Aluminum Foil and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Carefully pour the red wine into steak pan and with a wooden spoon scrape all off the goodness from the bottom of the pan. Add the dried cherries and cook for 5 minute over high heat until the wine is reduced and the sauce is getting thicker. With your rosemary wand gently stir the butter into the sauce. Now if you like you can add a shot of Cherry Liquor and with the rosemary wand continue to stir for a few more minutes so the flavor of the rosemary can infuse this divine sauce.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or polenta.