- Preparation time
- 40 mins
- 5 people
- June 3, 2016
Got a hungry gang? Serve these seriously filling burritos, with beans, meat, potatoes, spirited chiles, and thick salsa topping it all.Print
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 2 fresh or canned jalape?o chiles, seeded, chopped
- 1 (15-oz.) can spicy chili beans, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 (10-inch) spinach or flour tortillas
- 6 oz. (1 1/2 cups) shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa, if desired
- Sour cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 13x-9-inch pan. In large skillet, cook ground beef, potatoes, onion and chiles over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until beef is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Add beans, salt and pepper; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Spoon 1/2 cup beef mixture in center of each tortilla. Sprinkle each with heaping 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up each tortilla, enclosing filling; fold ends under. Place seam side down in greased pan; cover with foil.
- Bake at 350°F. for 10 to 12 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve burritos with salsa and sour cream.