- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- 4 people
- April 23, 2016
Chicken and Rice Casserole Foil Packs.
We took our favorite casserole and turned it into a light and easy foil pack dinner, filled with classic flavors and fresh vegetables.
Chicken and Rice Casserole Foil Packs
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups Progresso™ unsalted chicken stock (from 32-oz carton)
- 3 teaspoons Montreal chicken seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked instant white rice
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup halved, seeded and sliced mini sweet peppers
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 oz each)
- 4 slices cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 4 (18x12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Measure 1/2 cup of the condensed soup, and reserve. In 4-cup glass measuring cup, mix remaining condensed soup, the chicken stock and 1 teaspoon of the seasoning; beat with whisk to blend. Add instant rice; stir and let stand about 8 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in carrots and peppers.
- Season chicken with remaining 2 teaspoons seasoning; place on center of each sheet of foil. Dividing evenly, spoon rice and vegetable mixture around each chicken breast. Divide any remaining soaking liquid over tops of breasts. Spread 2 tablespoons reserved soup over each breast; evenly top with bacon.
- Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
- Place packs on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 minutes. Rotate packs 1/2 turn; cook 9 to 10 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Remove packs from grill; cut large X across top of each pack. Carefully fold back foil, and garnish with green onions.