- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 735 mins
- 8 people
- May 12, 2016
Slow-Cooker Beef Roast with Bacon-Chili Gravy.
Get this recipe started in your slow cooker and at day’s end you’ll have a tender beef roast with savory bacon-chili gravy ready and waiting. Lucky you!Print
Slow-Cooker Beef Roast with Bacon-Chili Gravy
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3-pound beef boneless chuck roast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1/4 cup Progresso™ beef flavored broth (from 32-oz container)
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Cook bacon in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brown and crisp; remove from skillet with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Reserve bacon fat in skillet.
- If beef roast comes in netting or is tied, do not remove. Sprinkle beef with garlic pepper. Cook beef in bacon fat in skillet over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on both sides.
- Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place beef in cooker. Top with bacon and carrots. Mix green chiles, broth, chili sauce and flour in small bowl; pour over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 10 to 12 hours.
- Place beef on platter; remove netting or strings. Stir gravy in cooker; serve with beef.