- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 500 mins
- 4 people
- April 21, 2016
Slow-Cooker Beef and Beer Chili.
Looking for a hearty slow cooked dinner? Then check out this beef and beer chili made with Muir Glen® tomatoes and Progresso® beans.
Slow-Cooker Beef and Beer Chili
- 1 lb beef chuck roast, trimmed of fat, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 bottle (12 oz) dark beer, room temperature
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 oz) pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, place beef and flour; seal bag and shake to coat. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook beef in oil, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides. Place beef in slow cooker.
- Add beer to skillet, stirring and scraping to loosen brown particles. Cook 1 minute. Pour over beef in slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 hours. Sprinkle individual servings with cheese.