- March 23, 2016
Crab Stuffed Shrimp Recipe.
Shrimp and crabs are two strange creatures, but boy do they taste good when combined together. Don’t get fooled by the sophisticated look of this appetizer either, it’s still very easy to prepare and not as expensive as many would think. Not only is it very tasty, but it’s also highly nutritious, thanks to the high zinc, selenium and phosphorus content of both shrimp and crabmeat.Print
Crab Stuffed Shrimp Recipe
- 1 lb cooked wild shrimp (large ones are best);
- 1 6oz. can of lump crabmeat (well-drained);
- 2.5 tbsp Paleo mayonnaise;
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning;
- 1/8 tsp black pepper;
- Old Bay seasoning (optional);
- If the shrimp is frozen, thaw according to the package. Slice the back of the shrimp starting from the top all the way to the tail. Make sure not to go all the way through but deep enough to hold the crabmeat.
- In a small bowl combine the well-drained crabmeat, mayonnaise, poultry seasoning, and black pepper. Note that the crab mixture should be on the dryer side, not overly wet from the mayonnaise.
- Stuff each shrimp with the crab. Sprinkle with Old Bay Seasoning if you wish.
- Serve with lemon wedges and cocktail sauce.