- March 13, 2016
Sausage-Stuffed Jalapeño Bites Recipe.
Juicy Italian sausage spooned into jalapeño peppers is an easy appetizer to make for for brave souls or spice-lovers – or substitute miniature sweet peppers if the spicy, kick-in-your-mouth experience isn’t really your style. If you used to like mozzarella cheese with jalapeño peppers, this is a nice replacement that recreates the spirit of the original (something savory and fatty inside the spicy pepper) without getting hung up on an exact imitation.
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, casing removed;
- 1 small onion, diced;
- 1/4 cup almond flour;
- 1 egg beaten;
- 1 lb. jalape?o peppers or mini sweet peppers, sliced in half seeded;
- 1/2 tbsp. dried oregano;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the sausage meat for 4 to 5 minutes and let cool.
- In a bowl, combine the browned sausage meat, onion, almond flour, beaten egg, oregano, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon sausage mixture into each jalape?o or sweet pepper half.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes.